Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Vintage Craft Heaven

The weekend before last, I had the opportunity, due to a work free Saturday, (which is very rare for me, given our vintage craft workshops and various vintage events), to travel up to the outskirts of London and go to renowned interior stylist Selina Lake's "Handmade & Vintage Summer Fete in the gorgeous market town of Kingston Upon Thames. 

 
 

I kid you not, I was a tad excited!  You know... the sort of excitement you felt when you were little and you were told you were going to a birthday party...well walking towards the Market House, where the craft fair was being held, I felt almost giddy with anticipation and excitement as I knew Selina Lake would only want the best of the bunch of "Handmade & Vintage" businesses and I could not wait to muse around all the gorgeous stands.



 
 
Gorgeous blooms by Wild Willow Flowers
 
Once inside, we decided to start at the top and work our way down....and this had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the vintage tea rooms were up there too!


 
The first stand we came across was Gil Fox Hat Designs with her gorgeous original hats

 
 
 
 
 
 Opposite this lovely stand was Belle Epoque from which I must admit I did purchase one or two items!
 
Also, as I happened to mention above, the vintage tea rooms were on this floor...whoops, but who could resist the giant slices of cake and lashings of tea and coffee.... you would have to be a saint not to!
 
 
 
  
 


It was lovely to meet the faces behind the name...and Nicholas & Steele's stand was just as gorgeous as it is on Facebook!


 
Some beautiful crochet floral corsages

 


 
fabulous hooped wall hangings from Vicky Trainor

 
I have quite a collection of these gorgeous signs, and also bought one at the fair too!




 
One of the beautiful illustrated cards by Vicky Trainor


 
Myself and Vicky

 
Vicky's stand in all its glory...a fusion of floral colours




Some lovely props and items from Vintage Style Living
 
 
and lastly, here is the gorgeous sign from Vicky Trainor  (www.thevintagedrawer.com & www.thelinengarden.co.uk) that is now proudly hanging in my kitchen!
 
I cannot wait for the next fair to be held, and hope that I will have the opportunity to spend another couple of hours just soaking in all the handmade gorgeousness...my idea of vintage craft heaven!
 
Carrie - Simply Love Vintage x